About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
I earned my bachelors degree from the University of Memphis. In 2018, I completed the Teach Mississippi Institute at Ole Miss and earned my special education teaching license.
Hi! My name is Stephanie Carlton and I am the self-contained teacher at DCPS. After working as an assistant in the self-contained classroom for 3 years, I am so excited to be teaching the class this year! I am a graduate of the University of Memphis with a degree in Anthropology/Sociology. I earned my special education teaching license in 2018 through the Teach Mississippi Institute at Ole Miss.
I currently live in Southaven with my husband and our 3 children, who all attend Desoto Central Schools. In my free time I enjoy traveling, camping, youth sports (baseball and soccer), and relaxing at home watching movies.
My goal this year is to create an environment that lends itself to each students unique learning abilities. I aim to create a warm and safe classroom where my students are excited to learn new things! Both my assistant and I will ensure that each child leaves the classroom feeling supported and encouraged. We are so excited for the new school year!!
Assistant Teacher Bio
"My name is Stacy Woods and I am so excited to be your child's assistant teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This will be my 6th year working at DeSoto Central Primary and my 8th year as an employee of DeSoto County Schools. I am an life long resident of DeSoto County and currently reside with my husband of 17 years and my two children, Nathan, 15, and Savannah, 12, in Hernando. I will be attending school at Northwest Mississippi Community College this fall to pursue my goal of becoming a licensed Special Education teacher. My hobbies outside of school include DIY projects, reading, spending time with family at the lake, and volunteering at the local animal shelters. My animals are like my children as well! We have two cats, Everest and Luna, and two dogs, Rebel and Drake. If you can't tell by our dog's name we are Ole Miss fans! I hope this will give you a little more insight about me. I absolutely love my job and working with your chilld! I'm passionate about helping your child learn not only in the academic setting but also socially! I look forward to working as a team with Mrs. Stephanie and you to help your child become successful in the classroom and in life!"
8:00-8:35 Morning Work
8:35-9:00 Morning meeting/Calendar time
9:10-9:30 Recess #1
9:30-9:45 Clean up, calm down time, potty breaks
9:45-10:15 Centers #1
10:40-10:55 Gross Motor Activities
11:00-11:20 Storytime/Calming down time
11:20-11:45 Whole Class Work/Lessons
11:45-11:55 Movin' and Groovin'
11:55-12:05 Calm down time
12:45-1:00 Cleanup,potty breaks
1:00-1:20 Recess #2
1:25-2:00 Centers #2
2:00-2:30 Quiet time (young grades)/Finish Daily work time (older grades)
Welcome back to school! The 2019-2020 school year will be a great one! We are so excited to see everyone! The supply list has been updated for the '19-'20 school year!
Supply List 2019-2020
- 3 boxes of Kleenex
- 3 packs of baby wipes
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- 2 containers of disinfecting wipes
- 1 pack Elmer’s glue sticks 12 count
- 2 plastic/vinyl 3 prong folders
- 1 red/blue kindermat (or similar)
- 1 pack of play-doh 4 count
- 1 pair Fiskars blunt tip scissors
- 1 pack Crayola 24 count crayons
- 1 zipper pouch with 3 holes and a clear front
- 1 bottle Elmer’s glue
- 1 black and white marble WIDE RULE composition book
- 1 Crayola 8 count washable paint set
- 1 1-inch white binder with clear front pocket
- 1 pack chisel expo dry erase markers
- 1 pack jumbo “my first” Ticonderoga pencils
- 1 box gallon size Ziploc bags
- 1 box Ticonderoga pencils 12 count
- 1 box jumbo Crayola crayons
- 1 box quart size Ziploc bags
- Scotch 8x11 laminating pouches
- Febreeze room spray
- Canon 240 Black and 241 color ink cartridges
- Crayola washable kid's paint
- Clear contact paper
- Cardstock (white or assorted colors)
- Lysol/Disinfecting room spray
- Edibles (ex: goldfish, M&Ms, gummy bears, skittles, things your child likes,etc)