Good Day everybody,
School is currently closed due to the safety of our students and teachers because of the Caronavirus. However, growth in our students is not on hold. Please make sure you have joined my Remind where I will be sending messages out regularly including links and review skills. Please text @g6k7d8 to 81010 to join. Please also consider joining my Facebook page for our class titled "Cantrell's Shining Stars". I am always available so do not be afraid to contact me, I am here for you.
About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
- Graduated Desoto Central High School
- Associates Degree from Northwest Mississippi Community College
- Bachelors Degree from Ole Miss in Elementary Education
This is my second year as the
I am a proud employee of Desoto Central Primary. This will be my 8th year working at this great school and my second as a teacher. I was properly trained and nurtured here under the great leadership of Mrs. LaShannon Shepard (Whom I spent 5 years as an assistant for and now work next door to) and Mrs. Amy Bridgewater (my go-to
I believe that the student should be at the center of the instructional process. I have an image of children as strong and capable people.
My philosophy of education is that all children are unique and must have a stimulating educational environment where they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It is my desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I will provide a safe environment where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks. I believe that
- 1 Pair Friskar scissors, 5" blunt tip
- 4 boxes of Crayons, 24 count
- 2 packages of Ticonderoga pencils - 12 count
- 1 pkg. (3) bar erasers
- 1 nylon zipper pouch with clear front
wide ruled sprilcomposition book, 70 pages, any color
- 1 pkg. Crayola washable markers, classic colors
- 4 VINYL FOLDERS (RED, BLUE, GREEN, PURPLE)
- 12 Elmer's
- 2 bottles of hand sanitizer
- 3 boxes of tissues, 100 count
- 1", 3 ring binder with clear front
- 2 marbles composition books, primary lined with space for illustration at the top
- 1 container of Clorox wipes
- 1 Pkg. clear page protectors, 25 count
- 1 box of quart storage bags, 50 count
- 1 pkg. of baby wipes
- 1 box of gallon storage bags, 50 count
- Paper Towels
- wrapped candy (NO GUM)
- Card Stock (any color)
- sidewalk chalk
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at (901)-262-7009 for any questions or concerns. Email and text is my preferred method for communication. I check my email at least twice a day
Please sign up for Remind. It will allow me to send you messages and important reminders. No one will be able to see your number and you will not be able to respond via "Chat". To sign up, text @g6k7d8 to 81010. That's it! I will use Remind often to keep you up to date with events, schedule changes, bad weather, pictures, and
**Please have your child to school by 8:15.
**Please write your phone numbers on the checks you send to school (if not, we have to stop and do it which takes time away from students). PLEASE make sure all money is labeled in a bag. The students sometimes forget what money is for. If paying in cash, please pay in exact change.
**Please leave car rider signs hanging from the
**Please send an
**Please wear tennis shoes on PE day.
**Remember any transportation changes MUST be in written form. I am not allowed to take a child's word on how they will be getting home.