About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
This will be my 17th year teaching first grade for Desoto County Schools. I taught first grade for 14 years at Southaven Elementary. This will be my third year teaching first grade at Desoto Central Primary. I graduated from the University of Mississippi in May 2004 with a degree in Elementary Education. I really enjoy working with children. I live in Southaven with my husband, Wesley. We have two sons, Jacob and Austin, and a spoiled rescue dog, Zoe. I am looking forward to making this a great and successful year! I will do anything that I can and need to do to make this year as easy and fun as possible! Please feel free to contact me by email. Also, please feel free to write me a note and send it in your child's daily folder. I will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you and let's have a fabulous first grade year!
1:05 - 1:45
Monday - Computer
Tuesday - Library
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - P.E.
Friday - Art
9:20 - 9:40
11:00 - 11:25
Daily 2:35 - 2:50
Students need to bring a snack from home and a bottled water to drink..
Monday - Thursday 3:05
- 1 pair Fiskar scissors, 5 ’’ blunt tip
- 4 boxes of Crayola crayons, 24 count
- 1 package of Ticonderoga pencils-24 count
- 2 packages of count bar erasers
- 2 packages pencil top erasers
- 1 nylon zipper pouch with clear front
- 1 wide ruled spiral notebook, 70 pages, any color
- 1 package Crayola washable markers, classic colors, 10 count
- 4 VINYL folders (red, green, purple, and blue) with pockets and brads
- 12 Elmer’s glue sticks
- 3 boxes of tissue, 100 count
- 1’’, 3 ring binder with clear front
- 2 containers of Clorox wipes
- 1 marbled composition book, primary lined with space for illustration at top
- 1 package of wide ruled loose leaf notebook paper
- 1 package clear page protectors, 25 count
- 2 bottles of hand sanitizer
- 1 box of quart size Ziploc bags, 50 count
- 1 box of gallon storage Ziploc bags, 50 count
- 1 package of baby wipes
- 1 package of index cards, 4x6, 100 count
Please feel free to send us a note in your child's purple folder or message me on SchoolStatus with any questions or concerns. I also check my email several times throughout the day so these are my preferred methods of communication.
Complete at your own pace Monday - Thursday. All homework is due on Friday morning.
-15 minutes on I-Ready Reading
-15 minutes on I-Ready Math
-Write a sentence with each spelling word.
-Listen to and read one book on Raz-Kids and take a quiz.
Please read on Raz-Kids as often as possible and practice Dolch sight words that are in your child's folder. I also have links below for Fry sight words. This will help your child become a stronger, more confident, and successful reader. Please practice Math on Reflex at home to help your child become better at fast facts with addition and subtraction.
You have access to all of these great educational websites for reading and math : Reflex Math, Math Seeds, Raz kids, Reading Eggs.
*Amazon gift cards
*Happy meal toys
*Wrapped candy (no gum)
*HP 902 XL black ink
Sight Word Flash Cards
Websites to use at home:
All passwords are in your child’s folder.
Teacher username: ahisaw2
Password: first & last initial (ah for Ashley Hill)
Reflex Math http://www.reflexmath.com/
Teacher username: amy.hisaw
Student password: first & last initial
Math Seeds https://mathseeds.com/
Login: Your child’s MSIS#
Password: Your child’s MSIS #
Reading Eggs https://readingeggs.com/
Login: Your child’s MSIS #
Password: Your child’s MSIS #
Ebooks that your child can access from home:
Capstone Library www.mycapstonelibrary.com
Username: dcpsbooks Password: books
www.abdodigital.com Username: dcpsbooks Password: books
www.pebblego.com Username: desoto Password: school